Moochness

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Black Magic Woman

Since Robert asked so nicely (noone's ever made a request for me to write anything before!), I've decided to share with you my one semi-supernatural experience of possibly seeing a ghost. I should warn you now that it's really not that exciting a story, and if anyone has a better one, please do share it with us!

Like I said in my 100 Things list, I am a complete cynic when it comes to ouija boards, psychics, ghosts and the supernatural generally. If I had been in Demi Moore's position in Ghost, I wouldn't have believed Whoopi Goldberg for a second. (And I certainly wouldn't have partaken in that creepy scene towards the end where Sam is in Whoopi's body - ewwww!). I guess it's partly my "scientific" nature - I need an explanation for everything, and I like to be able to see the proof. And I've never really had an otherworldly experience myself, apart from this one, which I have tried to convince myself was really just the result of an overactive imagination...

It was about 12 months ago, and I was living alone in my sister's unit in Perth, while she and her husband were working overseas. I am by nature a very sound sleeper - once I'm asleep, nothing short of a jumbo jet crashing into my bedroom will rouse me. (Allen's snoring has been known to have kept me awake when we've shared a room before, but once I'm asleep, even that doesn't disturb me ;) So anyway, on this particular night, for no reason at all, I suddenly woke up at about 3am. It wasn't a gradual becoming aware kind of waking up - I was jerked from sleep, my eyes snapped open, and immediately focussed. Standing in my bedroom doorway was a figure shrouded in white. I couldn't see a face or features, but I knew it was a woman, and that she had been staring at me. And this was no guardian angel - there was definitely no aura of warmth or friendliness at all.

I blinked, and the figure was gone. My heart was pounding unbelievably hard, the blood was roaring in my ears and I was shaking all over. I lay there frozen in my bed, too petrified to get out of bed to turn the light on, or to close my eyes again. I must've stared at that doorway for at least an hour before I finally fell asleep again.

She's made no re-appearance since then...that I know of... *cue X-Files music*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home