Moochness

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Congratulations...

...to my big sister, who has just accepted an exciting job offer with an engineering company in Christchurch! She'll be heading across the Tasman in mid-August, and will be on a 12 month contract with the company. A very gutsy decision - she's been hoping and talking about moving to NZ for some time, but I guess it will take a little while for it to sink in that she's really going.

I think it's a huge deal to move away from the city you've spent the last 20+ years in - and I don't think you can really appreciate what it actually entails until you've done it yourself. I know that moving to Canberra from Perth doesn't sound like such a big thing - but I remember the first little while I spent here, wondering why on earth I had moved to this unfriendly city, when all my friends and family and everything I'd ever known were a 5 hour plane flight away...But things improved steadily from the time I arrived, and now I feel pretty comfortable here - I've made a few friends, feel like I sorta know what I'm doing at work, and generally have things to do on the weekends... and it's wonderful to know that you can move to a whole new city on your own and survive.

And I know that my sis will do more than just survive in Christchurch - she will have a ball! Watch out spunky NZ men!!

But she's not allowed to pick up a dodgy kiwi accent ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home