Moochness

Saturday, July 03, 2004

What About Me?

When all else fails, you write about yourself, right? It's everyone's favourite topic - themself. If you know nothing at all, you at least know your own likes and dislikes.

So, following the example set by hundreds of other bloggers, I decided to do a list of 100 things about little old me. Please don't feel obliged to read - I won't be offended if you find the list tedious and self-indulgent! Anyways, here goes...

One hundred useless facts about me

1. I have blue eyes. Everyone in my family does too, except my mum, whose eyes are brown.
2. I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago. I used to think I would be married by the time I was 25 - not even close!!
3. I was born in Sydney, but my family moved to Perth when I was 3 years old.
4. I moved to Canberra in Feb this year for a 12 month transfer with work.
5. I have a law degree and a science degree from UWA.
6. I never intended to actually use the law degree, but I've been working as a lawyer for the last 2.5 years.
7. I majored in Pharmacology in my science degree.
8. I chose to do Pharmacology coz I thought it sounded cool based on the name.
9. I made a lucky choice, coz Pharmacology was really interesting, but I have probably forgotten all the stuff I learned about drugs now.
10. I would like to go back to uni and study forensic science.
11. I used to watch the X-Files years ago, and I thought Scully was very cool.
12. I am the youngest of 3 sisters. One sister is also a lawyer, and the other is an electronic engineer.
13. All of my immediate family live in Perth.
14. None of my extended family live in Perth. My mother's side live in Narrabri, NSW, and my dad's side lives in SA.
15. I am 3rd generation Australian. One of my mother's forebears came to Australia as a convict with the First Fleet. My dad's family came from Scotland.
16. None of my grandparents are still alive. My dad's parents died before I was born.
17. I have been on two big overseas trips. The first was to Europe when I finished uni, and the second was to LA/western Canada/Hawaii at the end of last year.
18. I really want to travel more.
19. I'd like to live overseas for a while, maybe in Switzerland or Canada.
20. I am really interested in languages. I took German classes for 18 months and have just finished a semester of French. I'd also like to learn Russian, Latin and maybe Spanish.
21. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I finished school.
22. I thought about doing Vet Science coz I love animals.
23. I still don't know what I want to do (but I know it's not Law).
24. I have a 5 month old cat called Oscar who is ginger and white, and is very affectionate and energetic.
25. I wish there was something that I excelled at.
26. I own 3 guitars.
27. I took guitar lessons when I was at school, and I still pick up a guitar every now and then.
28. I also took flute lessons when I was at school.
29. I'd like to learn to play the saxophone and the piano.
30. I love music. I can't walk past a CD shop - I have to go in to have a look. And I rarely walk out empty handed.
31. I have pretty varied taste in music. I like most music that's not heavy metal, country or inane boyband/girlband/crappy teen music.
32. My CD collection is one of my most prized possessions.
33. My book collection is another one of my most prized possessions.
34. My mum used to read me books when I was little, and I think I got my love of reading from her.
35. My favourite books as a kid were Enid Blyton's books, and the Chronicles of Narnia.
36. I still read lots of fantasy books, but I try to read more widely.
37. I like watching movies, too.
38. I like foreign films and "alternative" movies - not the Hollywood schlock.
39. I don't really like watching sport. I will watch tennis or cricket, but that's about it.
40. I don't like playing sport either, because I am too uncoordinated.
41. I do like swimming. I grew up with a pool in the backyard and the beach 5 minutes down the road, so I love water.
42. I love to drive.
43. I usually speed (it's so easy in Canberra where there are no speed cameras!)
44. I drive a 2002 red Holden Astra.
45. I like to indulge in long, hot showers.
46. I love food and I love eating out. My favourite types of food are Italian, Thai and Japanese.
47. I am a bit of a chocoholic. Tim tams, chocolate yogo, chocolate milk, chocolate icecream, double chocolate chocolate chip cookies...mmm. And Lindt and Guylian chocolates are just divine.
48. I can't stand eggs.
49. I don't like mushrooms, pumpkin or asparagus either.
50. I have never tried oysters, mussels or clams. I don't really like seafood (apart from fish and prawns).
51. I hardly ever eat red meat.
52. I admire people who are vegetarians.
53. I have thought about becoming a vegetarian but I don't think I have strong enough willpower.
54. I have pierced ears.
55. I don't have any other piercings, but I have considered getting a nose ring or another set of ear piercings.
56. I've also considered getting a tattoo but I think I am too much of a wuss to be able to stand the pain.
57. I have never been into hospital as a patient.
58. I've been under a general anaesthetic once, when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was crying when I woke up.
59. I've never broken a bone.
60. I have never been skydiving, bungy jumping, abseiling or white water rafting. I've been snowboarding once and I really suck at it.
61. I hate public speaking.
62. I wish I was more articulate.
63. I hate being the centre of attention.
64. I hate going to parties where I only know the host.
65. I like drinking red wine, white wine, cider and spirits (but not all at once!)
66. I don't really like champagne.
67. I used to hate beer but I am working on developing a taste. I like lighter beers like Belgian beer, and some of the boutique beers like Corona.
68. I am much more outgoing when I've had a few drinks. My drinking type would be "friendly affectionate" (much better than obnoxious or violent, IMHO, but can still cause problems!).
69. I usually dress pretty casually when I'm not at work.
70. My favourite and most worn shoes are a pair of Skecher skate shoes.
71. I wear suits to work.
72. I don't like wearing makeup.
73. I don't wear much jewellery.
74. I am lost without my watch.
75. I like spending time on my own.
76. I wish I was a good writer.
77. I'd like to write a fantasy novel one day...
78. I wanted to be in a band when I was younger.
79. I still think being in a band would be pretty cool.
80. I am more easily intimidated by women than by men.
81. I hate chauvinistic men.
82. I think Sam Newman is an absolute prick.
83. I am overly sensitive.
84. I cry really easily, often when I really don't want to.
85. I hold grudges.
86. I can't pretend to like someone that I don't like.
87. I wish I was funnier, or could fill awkward silences more easily.
88. I can be lazy and I often procrastinate, but when I do something, I do it properly.
89. I sleep in on the weekends unless I have made specific plans.
90. I wish I was artistic, but I couldn't draw or paint to save my life.
91. I believe in God.
92. I am very cynical about the supernatural, although I think I have seen a ghost before.
93. I like wearing perfume. My current favourite is Ralph Lauren "Romance".
93. I am attracted to guys who smell good.
94. I like guys who are quietly confident. I hate loud, domineering guys.
95. Sometimes I think that everyone is selfish, and that people generally suck.
96. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the kindness or thoughtfulness of other people.
97. My male and female friends are about equal in number.
98. I am grateful for all my friends.
99. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
100. I am very impressed if you made it this far!!

Back to cleaning the house, now...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    [url=http://bhuntewr.com/yspi/mjgk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://waifpxrw.com/ltuj/hvhr.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

     
  • At 4:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    http://bhuntewr.com/yspi/mjgk.html | http://ioibnvax.com/iqak/wirm.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home