Moochness

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hungry Like the Wolf

I'm heading out to dinner tonight - off to a Thai restaurant in the city...Mmmm, I love Thai food. One of the best things about Canberra is that there is no lack of fantastic restaurants. I think I read somewhere that Canberra has more restaurants per capita than any other city in Australia - and they are always jam packed. You'd have no hope of getting into a restaurant here on a Friday or Saturday night if you haven't booked.

I'm a little apprehensive about this dinner. It's to farewell a guy who was seconded to work in Canberra for a few months, and is now heading home to Adelaide. I only know him very vaguely, and have met a couple of the other people who'll be there once or twice through a friend (who won't be there). I find the girl who organised the dinner a wee bit intimidating - she's one of those loud and opinionated, but very intelligent sorts, who has a wonderful gift of making people in her presence feel like right idiots. But I am determined to be cool, witty and charming tonight - yes, I CAN be socially competent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home