Moochness

Monday, December 06, 2004

High and Dry

The fine art of hover-pissing is something that all women should be familiar with. Just this weekend, I bitterly remarked to Dave that "you guys have got it so easy being able to stand up when you pee". This was after I'd waited for 20 minutes in a queue outside a porta-loo at Homebake only to find that there was no toilet paper, and pee all over the toilet seat and the floor. I guess it's to be expected when there are 20,000+ people sharing around 30 toilets - but it doesn't make the experience any more pleasant! So, cheers to the hover-piss. It saved my ass (*boom boom*).

Aside from toilets and too many people crammed into too small a space, Homebake was fantastic. There are so many talented Aussie musicians around - our music scene totally rocks. Standouts for me were Xavier Rudd (SUCH a brilliant guitarist - perfect mellow music for relaxing on the grass on a sunny day) and Missy Higgins (who was much better live than you'd think from listening to the album. I can't believe she's only 21 - makes me feel so old!!). But as for Jet - big yawn. They were a huge letdown, and I wish I'd opted for Pete Murray or the Hilltop Hoods instead. Arias, schmarias. They're totally overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home