Moochness

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Music

There's been lots happening recently that I could write about, but that would take more effort than I can be bothered to put in at the moment. So instead, I'm copping out and jumping on the bandwagon of a meme that's been going through livejournal circles recently - the rules are as follows:

Step 1: Put your media player on random.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.


I also decided to only have one song per artist, and to have a fairly balanced selection of songs. Shouldn't be too hard to guess - most are songs that are fairly well known…So guess away in the comments!

1) Oh Mario, why if this is nothing
I'm finding it so hard to dismiss
If you're what I need, then only you can save me
So come on baby give me the fix

2) Interpret signs and catalogue
A blackened tooth, a scarlet fog.
The walls are bad. Black. Bottom kind.
They are sick breath at my hind


3) I got my head but my head is unravelling
Can't keep control, can't keep track of where it's travelling
I got my heart but my heart's no good
Coz you're the only one, that's understood


4) There's always a siren
Singing you to shipwreck
Steer away from these rocks
We'd be a walking disaster


5) I did not believe the information
Just had to trust imagination
My heart was going boom boom, boom
Son, he said, grab your things, I’ve come to take you home.


6) In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him
’til he cried out in his anger and his shame
I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains


7) See my eyes, they carry your reflection
Watch my lips and hear the words I'm telling you
Give your trust to me, look into my heart
And show me, show me what you're doing


8) Do some people wind up with the one that they abhor
In a distant hell-hole room third world war
But all I see is films where a colourless despair
Meant angry young men with immaculate hair


9) Free me, leave me
Watch me as I'm going down
Free me, see me
Look at me, I'm falling and I'm falling.

10) It’s no use pretending
’cause I understand
The hide and seek we play with facts
It changes our demand


11) I am, taffy stuck and tongue tied
Stutter shook and uptight
Pull me out from inside
I am ready I am ready I am fine


12) Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?

13) Gonna have to be content
To stare at yer baby photos til it makes some sense
Were you ever mine anyway
Speak up as I drop away

14) The chain that fell off my bike last night
Is now wrapped round my heart
Sometimes I think that fate has been against us from the start


15) I saw you again today, oh what a surprise,
You opened the door to me, you'd dyed your hair from brown into bright white
I always said it looked good like that.

16) You tell me I'm a real man
I try to look impressed
Not very convincing
But you know I love it

17) She came out of the water
Into my horizon
Like a cumulo nimbus
Coming in from a distance


18) I'll never wash these clothes
I want to keep the stains
Your blood to me is precious
Nor would I spill it in vain


19) I swore
I swore I would be true and, honey, so did you
So why were you holding her hand?
Is that the way we stand?
Were you lying all the time?
Was it just a game to you?


20) In starlit nights I saw you
So cruelly you kissed me
Your lips a magic world
Your sky all hung with jewels


21) I'll take all the blame
Aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn, freezeburn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy


22) I paint pictures
To remember
You're too beautiful
To put into words

23) You drove me, nearly drove me,
Out of my head;
While you never shed a tear.
Remember, I remember,
All that you said;
You told me love was too plebian,
Told me you were through with me...


24) I'm standing on the edge of time
I walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing
The tears are in my mind
And nothing is rhyming


25) I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away...



Solutions
Well, there're a few there that I thought people would guess, but you guys did pretty well... the ones that went unguessed are bolded. Thanks for playing!

1)Pavlov's Bell - Aimee Mann

2)The Mercy Seat - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

3)The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails

4)There There - Radiohead

5)Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

6)The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel

7)Take My Hand - Dido

8)Summertime - the Sundays

9)Not an Addict - K's Choice

10)Burn for You - INXS

11)Colorblind - Counting Crows

12)Tusk - Fleetwood Mac

13)Damage - You Am I

14)The Only One - Billy Bragg

15)Change in Me - Monique Brumby

16)You and Me Song - the Wannadies

17)When You Come - Crowded House

18)You Made Me the Thief Of Your Heart - Sinead O'Connor

19)Linger - the Cranberries

20)The Killing Moon - Echo & the Bunnymen

21)All Apologies - Nirvana

22)Good Fortune - PJ Harvey

23)Cry Me a River - Julie London

24)Mandy - Barry Manilow

25)More Than a Feeling - Boston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home