Moochness

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

My Obsession

Anyone who's spoken to me in the last month or two will probably know that I've recently developed somewhat of an addiction to the greatest, cleverest, sexiest, most entertaining and heartrendingly awesome TV show ever - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yeah, yeah, I realise that I'm a few years late to the party - somehow I missed ALL SEVEN SEASONS on TV. I caught glimpses of a couple of episodes, but was never really drawn to it, I guess because none of my friends were huge fans, and it seemed like a stupid fantasy show that just involved some chick killing lots of monsters and vampires.

But, after randomly picking up the second half of Season 5 on DVD at a ridiculously cheap price a couple months ago, I have become well and truly hooked. I've driven my flatmates insane with huge overdoses of Buffy - have torn through Seasons 6, 7, 1, 4, and have Season 3 lined up to go. I can't get enough of it - it is just such a well-written and acted show - the sharp dialogue and 'humanness' of the characters and their interactions, and the every day situations the show deals with are just done so well and are so relateable. And, of course, it's great to see an ass-kicking FEMALE heroine for once! (I'm thinking Buffy really paved the way for shows like Alias and La Femme Nikita). The show also features some great music - lots of alternative/previously unknown bands get some great exposure.

To feed my addiction, in addition to watching an ep nearly every night, I've gone out and bought one of the soundtrack CDs (highly recommend it!), and have done a bit of fanfic reading. Came across an absolutely brilliant fanfic series, set after the final episode of Season 7 - easily the best I've read so far - called "As the Romans Do" and available here READ IT if you're a Buffy fan. I'm looking forward to reading more of the author's stories, in fact, off to do just that now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home