Moochness

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It's been a while...

Been terribly neglectful, I know - apologies for the lack of updates. No worthy excuses, just laziness and lack of motivation. So to catch you up on the last month or so of my life, here's the Cliff notes version:
  • Spent 10 days over Christmas and New Year's in Perth - beach, BBQs, a coupla dinners and a nice Somerville outdoor cinema picnic soiree
  • Back in Canberra, I received a letter of offer from UWA - and have now enrolled in a Postgrad Diploma of Forensic Science. Oooooh, CSI: Perth - bring it on! (Coz boy, do we really need more of those CSI shows. 4 is *totally* not enough.)
  • Finished watching the entire back catalogue of Buffy. Have now moved on to Angel the Series and reading all the fanfic I can get my hands on. Have also purchased the Watcher's Guide Vol 1, and even bought a Buffy magazine. Some might call it an obsession, but really, that's a little too extreme ;)
  • Spent one last weekend in Sydney, soaking up the buzz and atmosphere and sense that things actually *happen* there
  • Spent the weekend just gone in Brisvegas/ Gold Coast with Dave. Bloody hot and sticky, in the weather sense. Very green and lush. Nice beaches (but embarrassingly, managed to get dumped 3 times in the space of about 15 minutes, in water that was, like, waist high. Also managed to slip on some stairs and fall on my ass, and now have a HUGE impressive purpley bruise on my butt to show for it. Yep, it was a weekend of impressive coordination)

So, I've got exactly one week left here at work, and I fly back to Perth on Saturday 12 Feb. Kinda sad, really - I am amazed at how much I have grown to like Canberra - *sniff*. We're having a 'housecooling' party this weekend, before the Swinger Hill household disbands.

Back in Perth, I'll be working Tues - Thurs, and getting into the uni thing 4 nights a week - I seriously cannot wait to start studying again! I never thought I'd say that, when I finally finished 5 years of uni a little while back, but man, I really feel like I need to start learning again. I'm sure the excitement and motivation will last all of a week once the course starts, but I'm looking forward to getting into it. The course sounds awesome - I mean, Soils & Taphonomy, it doesn't get much more exciting than that!! ;)

Between now and then, just gotta get all my work finished here... Amazing how much stuff I have left to the last minute. My sis said to me the other day that you can tell what type of person someone is by how they react to their alarm going off in the mornings - I am definitely the 'quick! Hit snooze!' kind of person. Yep, if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home