Moochness

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Gone with the wind

I just read an SMH article that really gave my heart a wrench...

Lonely old lady dead in bed six months

A 79-year-old-woman's mail had been piling up at Umina Beach post office since last August.

When the post office alerted the police to check on her, they found the old lady's decomposed body in her bed .

Like the man found in Surry Hills, she had been laying there for some six months.


Isn't that the saddest thing ever? That she had no family, or friends, who were checking in on her, or thought it was strange that she hadn't rung them for a while... that noone tried to visit her for at least 6 months, and she died alone, without anyone to mourn her. Just awful.

I think that is one of my biggest fears in life - that I'll get to the end of it, and noone will notice that I'm gone... the world will keep on turning, and I'll be just another anonymous nobody, erased and forgotten like a chalk drawing washed away in the rain...

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home