Moochness

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Step into my office, baby

So I'm continuing with studies this year, and now that the uni semester has officially started, I've gone back to working 4 days a week instead of 5. The theory being that I'll use my extra day off to work on my thesis, so that I can get it all finished and handed in by the end of the year. Y'know, get stuck into lots of reading, narrow down the topic that I'm going to work on, have regular meetings with my supervisor and come up with a research proposal that I can flesh out as the year progresses.

Sounds good as a theory.

So yesterday afternoon, as I was conducting valuable scientific research while browsing through David Jones with my mother, a helpful sales assistant approached and admired the suit that I was looking at.

"Oh, that's a lovely suit", she said. "There are two different styles of pants available, these slimmer line ones and these more flowing ones. There are also two different jackets, and as you have a bigger bust*, you would probably want to go for the one-button rather than the two-button one."

Hee! A bigger bust!! Me!!! I could've hugged the sales assistant right then and there.

Being as I've never had such a compliment paid to me before, and am most unlikely to ever again unless I invest in some plastic surgery or an inflatable bra, I was determined to get as much mileage as possible out of my new status as well-endowed.

Mother: (holding up a top from Events) "Hmm, I love the colour of this top. And it's a pretty reasonable price, too - would be good for you for work. Although, the neckline might be a little low…"
Me: Ah, that's not a problem - us bigger-busted women can carry off tops like this easily! We've got so much cleavage to display!!

And

Me: clothes sizing is so hopelessly unpredictable. I bought a pair of pants the other day which were two sizes smaller than a shirt in exactly the same brand. How does that work?
Me: of course, it is most likely just that I have such an ample chest. I'm sure that's the cause of all my clothes sizing problems.

Ah yes, what wit!

The rest of my afternoon was amazingly productive. Do you know the best way to get something done that you've been putting off for ages and ages?? Find something that you want to do even less. Case in point: my car. I think the last time I washed it was about mid-2004… and yet, yesterday afternoon, it became imperative that I wash it RIGHT AWAY. That study I was supposed to be doing?? Pish, not nearly as important as getting my car clean this very instant!! Also, I had been inspired by hearing that the lovely Nads washes her car weekly...

And the results were amazing. The best part was the wheels - who knew that silver lurked somewhere under all that black??! It was like watching a beautiful butterfly emerge from its dull, grey and dusty cocoon.

Next Monday I'll be defrosting my fridge, or scrubbing out my oven, I'm sure.

*I refuse to consider the possibility that what she really meant was "you are quite broad across the back so this two-button jacket will look like crap on you". We all know that sales assistants are paid to be brutally honest to their customers, not to exaggerate the truth or flatter them!!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:31 am, Anonymous Jo said…

    Hehe, hopefully they'll have seats big enought to accommodate your ample bosom on the plane on the way over to the UK (; Speaking of which, have you got definate dates yet?

     
  • At 10:58 am, Anonymous Graham said…

    Was wondering how long it would take for you to start talking about your boobs ;)

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger moocher said…

    Well there's just *so much* of them to talk about!!!

     
  • At 3:08 pm, Anonymous Nads said…

    Glad to finally see another blog entry! Also glad to have inspired some car-cleaning. Nothing like a shiny new car with a fantastic soundtrack!

    On another note - do you think we'll be able to get upgraded to first class to allow room for your assets? ;)

     
  • At 10:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    [url=http://exrounqx.com/favi/bnoq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fxcuqdhe.com/grun/vsgr.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 10:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 10:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    http://exrounqx.com/favi/bnoq.html | http://hkkhqxkj.com/psen/xizq.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home